President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has directed all Ministers and Deputy Ministers who are Members of Parliament (MPs) not to travel outside Ghana for the next one month.
TV3’s Presidential correspondent, Nana Adua reported on Monday December 6 that sources within the seat of government said Mr Akufo-Addo wants all NPP MPs available when Parliament begins the appropriation of budget estimates in the 2022 fiscal year.
However, Nana Adua further reported, ministers and Deputy Ministers who require emergency medical attention will however be allowed to travel.
Meanwhile, a bipartisan parliamentary committee made up of ten lawmakers from the National Democratic Congress (NDC) and the New Patriotic Party (NPP) has been formed to handle the issues surrounding the 2022 budget statement for the next fiscal year.
Below is the list of the 20-member bipartisan committee:
- Dan Botwe( Okere)
- KT Hammond (Adansi Asokwa)
- Patrick Boamah( Okaikwei Central)
- Patricia Appiagyei( Asokwa)
- Lydia Alhassan( MP, Ayawaso West Wuogon)
- Alexander Afenyo Markin( MP, Effutu)
- Habid Iddrisu( Tolon)
- Frank Annor Dompreh ( Nsawam Addoagyir)
- Joe Ghartey (Essikado/ Ketan)
- Muntaka Mubarak ( Asawase )
- Rockson Nelson Dafiamekpor (South Dayi)
- Sam George( Ningo Prampram)
- James Agalga( Builsa North)
- Kwabena Mintah Akando( Juaboso)
- Enerst Norgbey(Ashaiman)
- Richard Acheampong( Bia East)
- Ahmed Ibrahim
- Comfort Doyoe-Ghansah
SIGN UP FOR OUR DAILY NEWSLETTER