A chief and his brother have been arrested by the police for engaging in galamsey.
On Friday, September 16, 2022, chief of Sefwi Elubo, Nana Anini Baffour together with his brother, Kwadwo Affi were arrested whilst six others are being pursued.
They were arrested at Sefwi Elubo township in the Western North Region.
The suspects were nabbed following police investigation of a video circulating on social media showing illegal mining activities in some compound houses of the town.
Investigation has so far discovered dug-out pits from the compound leading to the bedroom of the chief’s brother.
Four other deep dug-out pits have also been uncovered by the Police in other houses in the same vicinity.
Investigation has further revealed that the chief, his brother and six other suspects who are on the run are the main people behind the illegal mining activities.
As investigation continues, the police has assured the public of its effort to get all those involved and bring them to face justice.
This was revealed in a statement issued by the police and signed by its Director of Public Affairs, Grace Ansah-Akrofi.
- Ghana will be the second Africa country to manufacture made in Africa smartphones in my Next Administration- Prez John Mahama
- Abdee Has Released His First Song For 2023 “Superstar lifestyle”.
- Final Conclusion On The Domestic Debt Exchange Programme . See The Affected People.
- Asamoah Gyan Took Care Of The Total Cost Of Stonebwoy Surgery.
- BECE Results Out ; 416 Candidates Results Canceled For Malpractice.