A visibly distraught Asamoah Gyan struggled to maintain his composure as he assessed Ghana’s performance over the course of the group stages on SuperSport.
Gyan was disappointed that the Black Stars only showed any desire when they went down to 10 men after captain Andre Ayew was sent off in the first half.
According to Ghana’s highest-ever goalscorer, this is not what Ghanaians have come to expect from the Black Stars.
“I’m devastated. I’m shocked. You can’t win a game with this kind of attitude. I saw the real Ghana when we went down to ten men,” he said.
“We didn’t have a sense of urgency throughout the tournament. Why do you only push when you have ten men instead of 11 men? We didn’t play with determination We didn’t play with any ambition. We’ve lost, we’re going home.”
Ghana compared Ghana’s AFCON 2021 run with Algeria’s – the defending champions have drawn one and lost one of their first two games and are yet to score a goal – stating that the North Africans are at least creating chances and playing well.
“Everyone in Ghana will be disappointed. We didn’t create many chances and we’re going home. I’m very disappointed we’re going home. We didn’t see the Ghana we know today.”
- #Atiachallenge; Epixode Releasing Folk Rendition of ATIA Ft Dela Botri & Abiana.
- Not all Reggae and Dancehall musician smoke weed – Epixodemusic
- EPIXODE IS THE NEW ALTER OF MUSIC GLOBALLY.
- Travel And Tour Dubai With Moula Travel And Tour.
- Healthcare Insecurity. Who cares for the Health-workers? Kindly add your voice.