A powerful windstorm accompanied by heavy rainfall at New Obuasi formally known as Denkyira Obuasi has destroyed many houses and rendered the inhabitants homeless in the Upper Denkyira West District of the central region.
The storm, which occurred last Friday 26/11/2021 around 7:00pm and caused havoc to several public and private properties in a community.
The storm ripped off roofs of residential facilities, especially thatched houses, Anglican school, uncompleted police station and some Churches and pulled down electricity poles and wires among others.
The Anglican Primary school for instance,had its roofs ripped off and some wooden panels broken thereby, making the school inhabitable for the pupils to use for classes.
Speaking in an interview ,the Unit Committee Member Mr. Mark Boakye says, The incident happened on Friday 26/11/2021 around 7:00pm which has destroyed many houses and rendered the inhabitants homeless.
He then said, no one hurt in the incident
Some of the victims in the area expressed shocked about the incident and appealed to the Government, NGOs and individuals to come to their aid.
Meanwhile,the NADMO Director in the Upper Denkyira West Mr. Isacc Gyasi told the media he has visited the community and taken the necessary records.
He expressed optimism that some relief items would be provided to support the victims.
He then urged the people in the district to plant more trees around their home to serve as windbreaks to avoid such destruction in the future.
SIGN UP FOR OUR DAILY NEWSLETTER
- Ghana will be the second Africa country to manufacture made in Africa smartphones in my Next Administration- Prez John Mahama
- Abdee Has Released His First Song For 2023 “Superstar lifestyle”.
- Final Conclusion On The Domestic Debt Exchange Programme . See The Affected People.
- Asamoah Gyan Took Care Of The Total Cost Of Stonebwoy Surgery.
- BECE Results Out ; 416 Candidates Results Canceled For Malpractice.