The Ashanti Region Police command has arrested Ghanaian gospel singer, Brother Sammy over claims that he has drugs that can cure HIV/AIDS and other diseases.
A statement released by the Food and Drugs Authority on Saturday, June 22, 2019 said the gospel artiste has no permit to sell such drugs.
.“The FDA wishes to inform the general public that it has not registered any product for the cure of HIV/AIDS, neither has any approval been given to the said artiste for the production and sale of any FDA regulated product,” FDA said in the statement
.In the past weeks, Brother Sammy has been spotted in video interviews purporting to have been divinely gifted with holy water that cures, HIV/AIDS, diabetes, hepatitis B, cancer and other diseases.
In one of the interviews with blogger Zionfelix, the ‘Mmobrohunu Agya’ singer said he had cured about 50 people with the ‘drug’.“God has blessed me with the gift of healing. It is not a drug. It is Spiritual Divine Healing Water; it is not sold at the pharmacy,” he said in the interview.
See FDA’s press statement below
Read Latest stories here
- I was very stubborn when I joined Lynx – Kidi
- Christianity , The Very Cause Of Africa Poverty.
- Hon. Nicholas Amankwah Tasks The Minister For Sports To Complete The Astroturf At Wassa Akropong.
- I’m Rather Impacting The Youths Positively, Not Otherwise.- Black Sheriff Lament.
- Kurl Songx ft Mr. Drew – Woow
Subscribe to this blog for our daily updates