The bodies of four persons including two military officers, husband, and wife, who drowned Sunday night have been retrieved from the gutters along the Tema motorway.
The couple, Staff Sergeant Arthur Jabez and Warrant Officer Sarah Kuadzi were on a military pickup which was involved in an accident at Ashiaman during the rains on Sunday night.In all, the National Disaster Management Organisation (NADMO) has confirmed that a total of seven people died following the about 3-hours downpour on Sunday.
According to NADMO, four of the bodies were retrieved at Adjei Kojo in Ashaiman. and others in Accra .The Ghana Meteorological Agency (GMet) issued an earlier alert over the rains indicating that “a rainstorm at the southern portions of Togo is forecast to affect places in the southern half of the country.”
The rainstorm according to the Agency affected areas such as Kpetoe, Akatsi, Ho, Kpandu and its environs in the Volta Region.In the Eastern Region, areas such as Koforidua, Begoro and Nkawkaw were also affected.Dodowa, Amasama, Afienya and many areas in Accra also experienced the downpour.
Last week, a similar incident left five people dead in Accra.
Subscribe to this blog for our daily updates.
- I was very stubborn when I joined Lynx – Kidi
- Christianity , The Very Cause Of Africa Poverty.
- Hon. Nicholas Amankwah Tasks The Minister For Sports To Complete The Astroturf At Wassa Akropong.
- I’m Rather Impacting The Youths Positively, Not Otherwise.- Black Sheriff Lament.
- Kurl Songx ft Mr. Drew – Woow